Most health professionals don’t tell you that health AND self-love are available to you today, regardless of your size – but Jessi Haggerty wants to change that with these unexpected truths about diet culture…
In this episode, we’re talking about Body-Love, “Health at Every Size”, research around weight loss & health, and nourishing practices to try TODAY!
By doing this, you’ll help the podcast spread on iTunes and help empower more ambitious women.
Diet culture is very much…… THIS. But with thigh gaps, lifestyle diets, and judging other people’s body sizes.
Nutritionist Jessi Haggerty calls this a BID. A bid is a conversation starter – a way to begin connection with someone else, that tries to get your attention to earn affirmation, support, and validation. Something that says “please tell me I’m not alone in this!”
In in DIET CULTURE, our “bids” are weight-based & body-shaming.
LADIES. Diet culture is actually HARMING your health.
In this episode, Jessi says, ” Our body image tends to override the health aspect – we THINK we are “healthy” because we finally lost those 10 pounds. But if you lost those ten pounds due to restriction based weight cycling, you are actually really harming your health…
…In fact I’d be healthier if I just stayed at the weight I’m at while adopting nourishing practices.
In this episode, we’re going to learn HOW TO DITCH THE DIET CULTURE by helping us do four things:
- Define Body Love (& how to start doing this RIGHT NOW!)
- Learn the Research (& why body image tends to override health conversations, even though what you’re doing is probably HARMING your health!!!)
- Change weight-centered conversations (for real connection with women & improved social skills)
- Apply NOURISHING PRACTICES today!! (to move you from Body Awareness –> to Body Positivity –> & then to Body Love!!)
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
- p.s. >> GO GET NINA’S BODY LOVE MAP if you haven’t yet! <<
- Jessi’s FREE Intuitive Eating Audio Training
- Jessi’s blogpost: How To CHANGE diet-culture conversations
- Improve your social skills: What is a BID?
- Jessi’s Interview w/ Nina Manolson
- Femperfect Podcast Interview w/ Nina Manolson
- Femperfect Community on Facebook
- FIND A THERAPIST in your area with Psychology Today!
- Educational Brochure: Learning the Basics to Eating Disorders & Body Image Issues
- STUDY: Obesity, Disordered Eating & Eating Disorders… How do Dieters Fare 5 Years Later?
- QUIZ: Do you have a healthy relationship with food?
- QUIZ: Do I respect my body?